Tuesday, March 30, 2010

2002- A New Focus

In 2002 I started to think we may not be able to have a baby.  It was frustrating to wait for results month after month.  We needed to focus our attentions elsewhere to keep busy.  Work was enough - but I personally realized that I was not crazy about being in the IT industry anymore.  I tried various roles hoping I would find the passion and drive.  I WANTED to be a mother - but so far I could not do that.  Dan had always  dreamed about living on a lake - so he insisted we get a change of scenery and find a house on a lake.  After months of searching we found a place on Okauchee Lake in our price range.  It was in need of serious updating - but we liked it.  In Dec 2001 we made an offer and were surprised that it was accepted!  We kept our house in Wauwatosa and each weekend drove to Oconomowoc to work on our new project.  We ripped out carpeting, paneling, and miles of wallpaper.  The list went on and on - we even became VIP customers at Home Depot and Sherwin Williams.  In May 2002 we sold our house and officially moved to our new place.  We had lots of ideas and kept working to make it our own.  It felt good to focus on something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment