Friday, May 28, 2010

Positive!!

Great News!  I decided to go in for the blood test yesterday because I could not stand waiting longer.  I got the call from Kelly (one of the nurses) at about 3:30 - just as I was getting anxious again.  I could tell by her voice as soon as I answered the phone.

This is a HUGE hurdle - yet I am still a bit guarded.  The blood test measured the HcG hormone, or "the pregnancy hormone" at 265.  Anything over 25 is pregnant - so Kelly told me this is a "good, solid result".  Naturally I need to get information to show that this pregnancy is for real - so I ask her to look up my measurements fron Oct 2007, when I was PG via my first IVF try. This was the PG with TWO chromosomal defects.  She tells me that my first measurement of HcG was 69, and my 2nd measurement was 185.  So this time I am scoring much better.  I will have my second blood test for this PG tomorrow - or 48 hours after the 1st.

After tomorrow's bloodwork I will be scheduled for the 7 wk ultrasound - which is the next hurdle to get over.  If both embryos "took" we may be able to see then.   Ultrasounds are the only way to confirm multiples.  At this point the idea of having twins at age 42 is not exactly appealing - but I will take it if that is the case!  Naturally Dan WANTS twins - I think he's nuts.....

Today we are having Nikki's friends over for a bday party - she is so excited this year!  I was not going to do a friend party this year - but she wanted to - and considering how shy she is I wanted to jump at the chance for her to hang out with her buddies.  I will update Sunday after I get the blood test results from Saturday.....

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! Praying that you have a happy & healthy 9 months!

    ReplyDelete